Join Our Team!
Employment at the FM Area Foundation
The FM Area Foundation is a community foundation dedicated to creating a community where everyone thrives, and we believe in creating a culture where all employees thrive, too. We offer a supportive and family-friendly work environment, as well as an excellent benefits package.
The FM Area Foundation is searching for its next Executive Director. A search committee, appointed by the Foundation's Board of Directors, is being led by Louise Dardis, former West Fargo Schools Administrator and FM Area Foundation Board of Directors Vice-Chair. The search committee has contracted with Spherion to help in the placement of the next Executive Director.
The Role & Responsibilities of the Executive Director/CEO include, but are not limited to:
- Providing visionary leadership and management to the FM Area Foundation staff.
- Developing the strategic planning process, leading the achievement of goals, assessment of outcomes and evaluation of initiatives.
- Promoting and enhancing broad-based philanthropic support, engaging donors and connecting them to opportunities to improve the quality of life in our community.
- Working with the Investment Committee, fund managers and staff on asset management and financial administration strategies and practices.
- Serve as the charismatic spokesperson that accurately conveys the mission and vision of the FM Area Foundation.
- Responsible for marketing and PR strategies.
- Engaging and understanding board relationships in order to meet the mission of the Foundation.
Candidate Background & Experience Requirements.
Experience leading large, complex programs with accountability for data-informed decision making, managing, and leading through others and effectively stewarding external stakeholder relationships. Communication skills in a variety of settings, grant management, leading the business and the staff to success and to meet the mission, values and vision of the organization. Community and regional knowledge and personal network will have a strong preference due to the community focus necessary for success.
Interested candidates, please send a confidential resume and cover letter of your interest by email to Kathleentoft@spherion.com. All referrals, applications and inquiries will be handled with utmost confidentiality.
Spherion Staffing firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.