Join Our Team!
Employment at the FM Area Foundation
The FM Area Foundation is a community foundation dedicated to creating a community where everyone thrives, and we believe in creating a culture where all employees thrive, too. We offer a supportive and family-friendly work environment, as well as an excellent benefits package.
Job Title: Donor Services Assistant
Date Posted: 5/22/19
Status: Hourly Three-Quarter Time (30 Hours a Week)
Reports To: Development Officer
Ability to set schedule within Monday through Friday business hours! Full-time benefits package.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Patty Mastel at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 3, 2019.
This position is an integral part of the daily functions of the FM Area Foundation. The incumbent is the database "power user" and in-house expert with a special emphasis on entering and extracting data, maintaining records, to include gift entry, grant and scholarship entry, accounts payable, and producing reports for multiple users. The incumbent is responsible for applying best practices in using the system and periodically updating team members on new procedures to efficiently and accurately accomplish tasks in the database to support Foundation goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Minimum Requirements:
- Knowledge: Significant communication skills are required to interface with internal and external contacts and to work as part of a team to fulfill the mission of the organization. Analytical ability is required to solve daily issues. Knowledge of database management. Knowledge of bookkeeping principles. Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with exceptional attention to detail and data verification. Work cooperatively and effectively with others in the organization.
- Education: Associate's degree or three years experience in professional office setting.
- Skills & Abilities: Detailed knowledge of database functions including query, import, export, reporting and mail. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and database software applications. Ability to work with a high level of professional and personal integrity. Ability to maintain confidential donor, client and volunteer information. Ability to effectively organize and balance workload schedule.
- Licensure: Valid driver's license.
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Excellent technical and computer skills
- Self-starter who can visualize an end goal and guide projects through to completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Sound decision making skills
- Practical usage of English language (written and spoken)