One application will be accepted per calendar year. Nonprofits must choose one focus area to apply to once they begin the application: Arts, Culture & Creativity; Basic Human Needs; Community Building; Education; Women & Children.
Applicants must be an IRS-approved tax exempt nonprofit under section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue code as described in IRC 501(c)(3), or a church, or a tax-exempt school or other government entity located in Cass County, North Dakota, or Clay County, Minnesota. Fiscal sponsorships are accepted with the completion and submission of your fiscal sponsorship agreement form. Every effort will be made to maintain a reasonable balance in awarding grants to various areas of need.
In reviewing applications, the Foundation will consider the following criteria:
- The extent to which the organization addresses a community need, demonstrates broad-based community support, and provides benefits to the community-at-large.
- The extent to which the proposal maximizes community resources through cooperation and collaboration with other organizations in the community and the elimination of redundant services, programs or projects.
- The extent to which the proposal and organization prioritizes engaging and serving underrespresented populations.
- The capacity of the applicant's organization and the staff to achieve organizational success.
- Grant requests ranging from $500 to $15,000 will be considered.
- You must select if you are applying for General Operating Support or Existing Program/Project Support.
- Each year, the needs far outweigh our ability to fund. We strive to support a wide variety of organizations in our community.
- Event sponsorships are no longer managed through the grant round.
- If you are applying on behalf of a university/college, please contact Lexi Oestreich for information on applying.
- Nonprofits must have an office located in Cass County, N.D., or Clay County, Minn., to be eligible to apply.