In order to help nonprofits in our community put their best foot forward, the FM Area Foundation conducts periodic trainings to help nonprofit staff grow in their professional development.
- Planned Giving- Another Tool for your Fundraising Toolbox
Organization:FMAF Nonprofit Learning Series Date: Oct. 11, 2018 Time: 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM Location:FM Area Foundation 409 7th Street South Fargo, ND 58103
Planned Giving – Another Tool for your Fundraising Toolbox
- Fundraisers don’t need to be experts on planned giving, but they do need to be able to talk knowledgeably about planned giving options for their donors.
- By providing a basic overview of common planned gifts, this presentation will help nonprofit executives, fundraisers, and board members understand various options that can benefit their own organizations and their donors who wish to give.
- Included will be updates on recent tax law changes and current IRS proposals and information on the FM Area Foundation can assist you and your donors with planned giving opportunities.
Presenters: Greg Diehl, Development Officer - FM Area Foundation & Patrick Kirby, Do Good Better Consulting
- The Social Stir- All About Hashtags
Organization:FMAF Nonprofit Learning Series Date: Oct. 16, 2018 Time: 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM Location:FM Area Foundation 409 7th Street South Fargo, ND 58103
The Social Stir is a casual workshop designed to inspire ideas for your social media presence, with a new focus each month. Let's talk hashtags!! We'll talk about the effective hashtags are on each social media channel. We'll explore what branded hashtags you should define for your events, programs and priorities. And, we'll help you identify local and industry hashtags that will help you reach new people. You'll walk away from this session with a solid start to your hashtag strategy.
Presenter: Kirsten Jensen, Next Action Digital