In order to help nonprofits in our community put their best foot forward, the FM Area Foundation conducts periodic trainings to help your staff grow in their professional development.
- Advanced Grant Writing Clinic
Organization:MN Council of Nonprofits Date: Apr. 6, 2017 Time: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM Location:FM Area Foundation 409 7th Street South Fargo, ND
This advanced workshop will cover the critical techniques and tactics that grant writers require to create well-developed grant proposals as part of an effective communication strategy with funders.
In this training, participants learn to:
- Develop the necessary writing style to both inform and persuade your reader to support your project
- Develop a work plan and explore how grant writing fits within the process of contacting and cultivating potential funders
- Understand the funding landscape, both geographical and sub-sector
- Develop logic models as a critical tool for both designing and communicating a detailed project proposal
- Craft a budget that conveys an accurate picture of your project’s needs and value
- Have an opportunity to review actual grant proposals
- ND Nonprofit Leadership Conference
Organization:NDANO/MCN Date: May. 31 – Jun. 1, 2017 Time: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM Location:Holiday Inn 3803 13th Ave S Fargo, ND
Registration is open for the 2017 Nonprofit Leadership Conference.
This two-day event is designed to bring together staff, board members and volunteers from across North Dakota and Minnesota to learn, network and strategize. This year’s conference will tackle some of the most pressing themes for nonprofits in the region and cover a spectrum of nonprofit leadership topics, including best practices, governance, fundraising, changing demographics, emotional intelligence, legal issues, advocacy and more.
North Dakota nonprofits are invited to join NDANO May 31-June 1 to look at ways these issues play out in the region and highlight opportunities for building a vibrant landscape for all. Minnesota nonprofits will join us the afternoon of May 31 for additional networking and idea-building, and North Dakota nonprofits have the chance to attend MCN’s morning sessions for a small additional fee.