Grants are evaluated by a special grants committee and approved by the FM Area Foundation’s Board of Directors. The FM Area Foundation’s community grant rounds address needs throughout Cass County, N.D., and Clay County, Minn., and promote collaborative efforts to improve life in these areas.
The 2016 community building grants were awarded to:
- Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota for “Lutheran Social Services Youth Court”
- New American Consortium for Wellness and Empowerment for a “Program Coordinator”
- Audubon Dakota for “Urban Woods and Prairies Initiative”
- Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic Development Corporation for “Fargo-Moorhead Entrepreneurial Resource Navigator”
- Outdoor Adventure Foundation for “Outdoor Dreams Come True!”
- Homeward Animal Shelter for “Veterinary Care”
- Fargo-Moorhead Trailbuilders for “Moorhead Mountain Bike Trail Development”
- All Parks Alliance for Change for “Manufactured Home Owners’ Collaborative Project”
- FirstLink for “FirstLink Mental Health Training”
The goal of the Community Building grant round is to support charitable projects, programs and organizations that:
- Promote leadership development, volunteerism and civic participation.
- Preserve places essential to communities’ civic and historic identities, as well as outdoor spaces.
- Enhance community connections.