A Community of Giving
The FM Area Foundation is a unique nonprofit organization that exists specifically to help donors like you support the causes you care about most.
Whether your interest is feeding the hungry, providing scholarships, supporting the arts, or another wonderful cause, we will help you achieve your charitable goals. If you’d like to make a difference but are unsure of how to do so, we’re happy to provide advice and inspiration as well.
Since 1960, donors have used the power of the community foundation to support hundreds of organizations and thousands of people throughout Cass County, North Dakota, and Clay County, Minnesota.
In working closely with nonprofit organizations in our area, we understand the needs of the community. We can guide you through the giving process, or simply help facilitate a donation.
Not all gifts are created equal. Beyond direct cash donations, we have the expertise and flexibility to accept complex donations such as stock transfers, real estate or even personal property. For those seeking to establish a new fund, the process is simple, straightforward, and free.
We offer several different fund options to suit the various needs of our donors. But more importantly, we’re here to help you make your gifts as personal and fulfilling as possible. No matter what you are passionate about, we provide a flexible means for you to give.
10 Reasons to Give Through the FM Area Foundation
- Personalized service tailored to each individual’s charitable and financial goals.
- Professional staff with expertise regarding community issues and needs.
- Local organization with deep roots right here in the Cass-Clay community.
- Offer a variety of giving options.
- Partner with professional advisors to create effective giving strategies.
- Benefit the community forever and help create personal legacies through permanent, endowed funds.
- Maximum tax advantage for most gifts under federal law.
- Accept wide variety of assets, and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.
- Multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- Community convener, catalyst and funder for positive change.