Making Giving Simple
Our goal is to make philanthropy simple for anyone and everyone who wants to give toward the common interest of improving the quality of life in our community.
A community foundation is a grantmaking public charity created by and for a community of people. It is supported by local donors and governed by a board of private citizens who work toward the greater good of the citizens in the community. Funds come from a variety of sources, including bequests and living trusts, and are invested in perpetuity. The investment earnings are then distributed to worthy organizations or causes. There are more than 750 community foundations in the United States and more than 1800 worldwide.
10 Reasons Why Donors Give Through the FM Area Foundation
- Personalized service tailored to each individual’s charitable and financial goals.
- Professional staff with expertise regarding community issues and needs.
- Local organization with deep roots right here in the Cass-Clay community.
- Offer a variety of giving options.
- Partner with professional advisors to create effective giving strategies.
- Benefit the community forever and help create personal legacies through permanent, endowed funds.
- Maximum tax advantage for most gifts under federal law.
- Accept wide variety of assets, and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.
- Multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- Community convener, catalyst and funder for positive change.