The 2019 Caring Catalog runs November 22 through December 31.
The Caring Catalog is an online, crowdfunding campaign powered by the FM Area Foundation to support local nonprofits this holiday season.
HOW DOES THE CARING CATALOG WORK?
- Shop the list of programs and give to one or more nonprofits easily.
- Click the donate button to support the nonprofit(s) of your choosing.
- Each organization is requesting funding for a specific project, program or organizational need.
- All participating charities are located in Cass County, North Dakota, or Clay County, Minnesota.
- Your donation is tax-deductible.
- Minimum donation is $10 and we absorb the credit card fees, so 100% of your donation directly supports the nonprofits.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
As the community foundation serving the Cass-Clay region, the FM Area Foundation aims to encourage philanthropy in our community and celebrate the nonprofits doing important work every day.
- Show the Fargo-Moorhead area's spirit of giving.
- Generate awareness in the community about the many services our nonprofit community provides.
- Raise dollars for the nonprofits serving our community.
- Offer a central location for community members to view local nonprofits' end-of-year needs.
DONATE THROUGH THE CARING CATALOG
When giving through the Caring Catalog you can make multiple gifts in one transaction. All gifts are tax-deductible. We accept:
- Online donations.
- Checks made out to the FM Area Foundation, with the nonprofit you want to support in the memo line.
- Gifts of stock. (Please contact our office at 701.234.0756 and ask for Patty Mastel or Greg Diehl.)
Your Tax Deduction
You will receive an email confirmation of your gift immediately after your donation, and a second detailed tax receipt will follow. If you do not see it come through, check your junk mail or contact our office.
We will share your contact information with the organization(s) you support, so they can send you special recognition and thanks. If you do not wish to have your information shared, you can chose to be anonymous and we'll keep your donation private. PLEASE NOTE: The nonprofits will not receive your donation information until the end of the campaign, so thank you's may be delayed.
- FundayMondays: Donations made on Mondays gives the organization(s) you support a chance to receive an extra $1,000 in Caring Cash through a random drawing. Drawings will be held each Tuesday during the campaign. The more donations, the more chances your favorite charity has to win the prize.
- #GivingTuesday: #GivingTuesday is an international day of giving held the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. This year it falls on December 3. We will have surprise incentives throughout the day. Check back for more details!
Give from your FM Area Foundation Donor Advised Fund
If you have a donor advised fund at the FM Area Foundation, you can support nonprofits participating in the Caring Catalog easily and directly from your account online. Just log in here, click "Caring Catalog," and enter the donation amount for the nonprofits you want to support. It's fast, easy and fun! Learn more about donor advised funds.