FM Area Foundation Caring Catalog to Support Local Charities Launches Nov. 24
- November 20, 2020
Caring Catalog Connects Community Members to Local Charities
The FM Area Foundation is excited to announce the return of the Caring Catalog, an online, giving platform that connects community members to local charities. This year, the Caring Catalog lists 98 local, charitable projects and programs that need support this holiday season. The online Catalog runs November 24 to December 14. There is also a printed version that is now available at 11 Hornbacher’s and Cash Wise locations throughout the metro.
“This platform offers a one-stop shop for people to view a variety of community needs and give back to the place they love,” said Lexi Oestreich, Program Director at the FM Area Foundation. “It has been a challenging year, and our community has an opportunity to help support those in need by giving to local nonprofits. The Caring Catalog is a great way to do that.”
FAST FACTS ABOUT THE CARING CATALOG:
- There are 98 participating charities all raising funds for a specific project or program.
- All charities are located in Cass County, N.D., or Clay County, Minn.
- The Caring Catalog offers a central location for community members to view local nonprofits’ end-of-year needs.
- We have fun giving incentives throughout the campaign. (see below)!
- In addition to online donations, we also accept checks and stock donations.
- Donations are tax-deductible.
- There are no fees, so 100% of donations go directly to the charity. The FM Area Foundation takes care of any credit card fees.
- As the community foundation serving the Cass-Clay region, the FM Area Foundation offers the Caring Catalog to encourage philanthropy in our community and celebrate the nonprofits doing important work.
The FM Area Foundation will have giving incentives throughout the Caring Catalog campaign.
GO LIVE DAY-NOV. 24: On the first day of the Caring Catalog, Nov. 24, the Foundation will match the first $7,500 in donations, up to $500 per donor, starting at 8 a.m. We’ll also be doing a drawing for anyone who shares the Foundation’s Facebook video that day. They will have a chance to win $500 to give to a Caring Catalog charity of their choice.
FUNDAY MONDAYS-NOV. 30, DEC. 7, DEC. 14: Each time a donor gives on a Monday throughout the campaign, the charity they give to will be entered in a drawing for $1,000 to put toward their fundraising goal. The Funday Monday prizes are generously sponsored by American Crystal Sugar; Heartland Trust Company; and the Mohr Family – Dacotah Paper Fund.
GIVINGTUESDAY-DEC. 1: We will match the first $13,000 in donations, up to $500 per donor, starting at 8 a.m. There will be also chances to win “Caring Cash” if you give between 2 and 4 p.m. Four people will win $500 to give to a Caring Catalog charity of their choice. GivingTuesday is an international day of giving held the Tuesday after Thanksgiving each year to celebrate generosity worldwide. This year, it is Tuesday, Dec. 1.
There will be additional incentives. We encourage people to follow the FM Area Foundation on Facebook for details throughout the Caring Catalog.
The Caring Catalog runs Nov. 24 through December 14, 2020. View the Caring Catalog at: areafoundation.org/caringcatalog.
Thank you to this year’s Caring Catalog sponsors:
- American Crystal Sugar
- Charles and Linda Moses Foundation Fund
- Francis J. and Janet D. Beaton Memorial Fund
- Heartland Trust Company
- John and Sherri Stern
- Louise and Bernie Dardis
- Marilyn and Bill Guy
- Mohr Family - Dacotah Paper Fund
- My Best Friend's Closet